In March 2020, the World Health Organization declared pandemic due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and it resulted in the shutdown of every physical activity all over the world. At the beginning of the pandemic, VFAHT organized a massive campaign on awareness of COVID-19. This campaign consisted of both, online and on-ground projects. The online projects included webinars, COVID-19 help desk, info-posters, videos, animations, competitions, and interactive sessions in both languages (English and Urdu). The online campaign reached almost 30,000 people on Facebook. Each poster has a reach of 3.4k people.
On-ground projects included PPE Distribution Drive and Ration Distribution Drive. All local councils played a vital role to mitigate the spread of myths in public and provide authentic information to the local community.
We encourage students to join the largest volunteer body of Pakistan. Students currently enrolled in any HEC recognized institute from across Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- Write an email to email@example.com, sharing your interest in forming a local chapter at your institution. You will receive a formal invitation along with further instructions within 3-5 businsess days.
- Gather a team of 5-15 like-minded students who are interested in volunteering.
- Arrange and attend an Orientation Session with the Expansion and Outreach Team of VFAHT. The date and time of this session will be coordinated via email.
- Get the necessary documents (e.g Introductory presentations, application form templates, etc.) from the Expansion and Outreach Team VFAHT, required for the establishment process.
- Approach an active faculty member (Usually a Head of Department), brief him/her about this student organization, its mission, and the past activities.
- Take the faculty member on-board and invite him/her to become the ‘Faculty Staff President’ of the local chapter at your institution.
- Get a signed and stamped ‘Recommendation letter to the Head of Institute’ from the Faculty Staff President.
- Approach the Head of Institute/Registrar/Head of Student Affairs.
- Ask for permission to establish a student body and conduct activities from the Head of Institute.
- Invite Head of Institute to become the ‘Patron-In-Chief’ of the student body.
- Create a Facebook page of the local council e.g. VFAHT-AIMC.
- Create a Gmail account for formal coordination e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start the recruitment of volunteers according to ‘Selection Process of Local Council’.
Online Campaign Heroes of The War Against Covid-19 Recognition Series
Online Campaign Heroes of the War Against COVID-19 Recognition Series