Dengue is transmitted through the bite of infected mosquitoes that feed both indoors and outdoors during the daytime. Dengue can cause mild dengue fever to severe hemorrhagic fever. Hemorrhagic fever results in severe bleeding, a sudden drop in blood pressure, and if not treated, death.
These mosquitoes thrive in areas with standing water, including pools, water tanks, containers, and old tires. Lack of reliable sanitation and regular garbage collection also contribute to the spread of mosquitoes. Community awareness can create a major hurdle against dengue and can decrease the number of cases. People should be advised to use mosquito repellents, cover their arms and legs, particularly before sunrise and after sunset.
VFAHT conducts various projects under the dengue prevention and control program to minimize the spread of dengue fever.
We encourage students to join the largest volunteer body of Pakistan. Students currently enrolled in any HEC recognized institute from across Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- Write an email to email@example.com, sharing your interest in forming a local chapter at your institution. You will receive a formal invitation along with further instructions within 3-5 businsess days.
- Gather a team of 5-15 like-minded students who are interested in volunteering.
- Arrange and attend an Orientation Session with the Expansion and Outreach Team of VFAHT. The date and time of this session will be coordinated via email.
- Get the necessary documents (e.g Introductory presentations, application form templates, etc.) from the Expansion and Outreach Team VFAHT, required for the establishment process.
- Approach an active faculty member (Usually a Head of Department), brief him/her about this student organization, its mission, and the past activities.
- Take the faculty member on-board and invite him/her to become the ‘Faculty Staff President’ of the local chapter at your institution.
- Get a signed and stamped ‘Recommendation letter to the Head of Institute’ from the Faculty Staff President.
- Approach the Head of Institute/Registrar/Head of Student Affairs.
- Ask for permission to establish a student body and conduct activities from the Head of Institute.
- Invite Head of Institute to become the ‘Patron-In-Chief’ of the student body.
- Create a Facebook page of the local council e.g. VFAHT-AIMC.
- Create a Gmail account for formal coordination e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start the recruitment of volunteers according to ‘Selection Process of Local Council’.