Volunteer Force Against Hepatitis Transmission (VFAHT) is a volunteer organization working for public health (PH) in general; and infection prevention and control (IPC) in particular. More than 1500 active volunteers (enrolled medical and dental students across Pakistan) are part of VFAHT. The organization educates these volunteers with basic and advanced tools of public health (PH) and infection prevention and control (IPC). These volunteers then educate the communities utilizing these learned tools. VFAHT is currently focusing on 3 major projects under the volunteer development program for medical and dental students.
We encourage students to join the largest volunteer body of Pakistan. Students currently enrolled in any HEC recognized institute from across Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, sharing your interest in forming a local chapter at your institution. You will receive a formal invitation along with further instructions within 3-5 businsess days.
- Gather a team of 5-15 like-minded students who are interested in volunteering.
- Arrange and attend an Orientation Session with the Expansion and Outreach Team of VFAHT. The date and time of this session will be coordinated via email.
- Get the necessary documents (e.g Introductory presentations, application form templates, etc.) from the Expansion and Outreach Team VFAHT, required for the establishment process.
- Approach an active faculty member (Usually a Head of Department), brief him/her about this student organization, its mission, and the past activities.
- Take the faculty member on-board and invite him/her to become the ‘Faculty Staff President’ of the local chapter at your institution.
- Get a signed and stamped ‘Recommendation letter to the Head of Institute’ from the Faculty Staff President.
- Approach the Head of Institute/Registrar/Head of Student Affairs.
- Ask for permission to establish a student body and conduct activities from the Head of Institute.
- Invite Head of Institute to become the ‘Patron-In-Chief’ of the student body.
- Create a Facebook page of the local council e.g. VFAHT-AIMC.
- Create a Gmail account for formal coordination e.g. email@example.com.
- Start the recruitment of volunteers according to ‘Selection Process of Local Council’.
Online Campaign Literature Review Competition on HIV Vaccine Awareness Day